Thursday, July 10, 2008

New day 9:00 am CST

Lydia continues to progress, slowly but surely each day. We worked with the physical therapist this morning and he is teaching us some tricks. We are still uncertain about the return home. She is enjoying the flowers, cards, and goodies that have been sent (and we are too!). We continue to be uplifted by your prayers and concern. If nothing else, this accident has made our hearts swell with gratitude for the knowledge that our family has so many caring friends. God has truly blessed our family.

4 comments:

TBG said...

I'm on my knees for you, Jost Family! God has such a perfect plan for our lives, I know He will use this hardship for good in your life. Please let me know if I can do anything for you!

Anonymous said...

Lydia!!!

I can not WAIT to be able to visit you! I will be back in America so soon. And don't think that my first stop is eating Big Blue Bagel or laying in my bed or even going to Gorrie...OH NO, my first stop will be to visit YOU! Yes, that is right! I can not wait to reunite with Mitzy and head your way. Love you!

Benga

Anonymous said...

You continue to be on our hearts and minds! Audrey, I saw Janie G. a few days ago and she asked about you all. Please be assured that we are still lifting you all up in prayer. The Webbs

katie said...

You are in my thoughts..praying for a successful (quick!) recovery. A similar 1994 car accident left me in the hospital for a month (and limping at Winnataska that summer..)

When something like this happens, you never forget..and hearing of others' accidents automatically reminds you. I'm reminded of what I learned, though..that there's much to gain from such an experience. You will you begin to realize this more and more each day.

Here's a blessing to count: not everyone will possess the same appreciation for life, yourself, and others that you and your family will develop in these coming days, months, years.. Stay strong!

Camp friend,
Katie Snowden Crawford
kcscrawford@gmail.com