Saturday, July 5, 2008

Update July 5th at 9:10 p.m. CST

Audrey and John were able to spend an hour with Lydia in ICU after the surgery. She is stabilized. The surgeon said the bones lined up perfectly. The other bones are stable now and hopefully will heal on their own without surgery. These include all the bones mentioned in previous posts. There has been no word on the MRI results or her neck. They must wait to speak to the trauma doctor or neurosurgeon hopefully tomorrow. They said she will be in ICU for at least 5 days if she is doing well. She is on steroids so that there is no internal swelling from the trauma. She is on insulin to balance out her blood sugar from the steroids. She is still on the breathing tube because they don't like to remove it at night. Hopefully, it will be removed in the morning. They feel as if she can be without it. She is on Fentanyl which is pain drug stronger than morphine. Audrey said she didn't really open her eyes because they are covered with some type of medicine and she is so heavily medicated. However, she does do thumbs up with both left and right hands and wiggles her toes when the nurse asks her to respond. She has a very dry mouth but can't have anything else right now. Audrey and John are not in the Ronald McDonald house yet and will probably sleep in the ICU lobby. The friends and family who are visiting are staying in nearby hotels.

Please pray that Lydia receives needed care from the professionals and for the MRI results to show a healthy neck and spine. We also hope that the breathing tube is out before Audrey and John visit in the morning.

8 comments:

beth gilbert said...

Audrey, you are in our thoughts and prayers at all times. I wish Lydia the best recovery. thinking of you. love, Beth Gilbert and family/Jazzercise Trussville

Anonymous said...

lydia! i just want you to know that you are in my prayers! as well as your family! ya'll have had a rough summer! i love you all! lissy brown :)

Anonymous said...

Audrey, John, Lydia, you are SO covered here in Alabama- prayers are going up as I write this from Vestavia, Auburn, Mobile, Gulf Shores- no telling where else!! "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him." Nahum 1:7 (sent to me by one of the prayer warriors). As they said during baseball season, Dig Deep. We're with you. Love always, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Audrey--We are sending you hugs and prayers from home. I am praying specifically for your "Mom Strength" to take over and get you through these next few days. Please know we will be glad to help any way we can and in the mean time we are loving you, Lydia and your family from Vestavia!
God Bless,
Tahara, Toner, Anthony, Will and Maggie Evans

Anonymous said...

Lydia- I just want you to know that im praying praying praying for a safe recovery for you and I think of you all day-so do bebe, charlie, mom and dad....i just want you to know that im praying really hard for you and aunt audrey and uncle john....love you all! :))

love, margaret

Anonymous said...

Hey Lydia!! Our whole family is thinking about u along with many others! For some reason i just have this really strong feeling in my mind that you'll get through this and be ok. And remember-not only is your family with you,,God is with you


love, Bebe

Anonymous said...

LYD! My strong sister. The prayers for your healing have been nonstop- you are a BIG deal! I am ready to wait on you hand and foot...I will even pass on my bell and let you use it to your advantage. I wish I could be there but I know mom and dad are beside you keeping you strong. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and I am ready to help you in any way possible when you get home.


Love, Ginny


"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

Anonymous said...

Audrey,
Know that your family is being lifted up by many, many friends. I have thought of Lydia so much in the last 24 hours since I received the news.
All of my children are praying for you all as well. Katie is very concerned and has told us stories about Lydia all day today (getting to see Lydia's sky diving video is her favorite to tell!)
I just know that God has wrapped your family up in His arms and is healing Lydia every second.
I pray for all of you to have comfort and rest; I pray for the doctors that God would guide their hands and give them the wisdom that they need.
Cameron, you are genius to set this up for all of us who are so concerned!!
Know that you all are loved by many!
Kimberly Webb (Kevin, Stanton, Russell, Katie and Bo)